Cotswold Archaeology are delighted to have excavated the remains of ‘Corners’, in the field immediately north of Bum Brook, Shurton. The earliest reference to ‘Corners’ is on the 1841 tithe map and includes a ‘house, barton and garden and two orchards’. Few signs of the house survived above ground, but the archaeologists have now uncovered original floors and what may even be a well! Some artefacts have also been found here, including pottery sherds, a glass bottle and a boot-scraper. Perhaps an earlier Medieval building lies underneath?